Thursday, September 13, 2012

Rusty Crusties

I made some polymer clay beads yesterday and I really like them! I call them Rusty Crusties! I really like the name too.

I was inspired by a photo Shannon Levart (missficklemedia) posted on her Facebook page of some ceramic beads. She suggested someone make them from polymer clay. I gladly took on that challenge!

A quick run to Hobby Lobby and we were good to go. I say we because whenever I work on a clay project Liam also gets to play with clay. This time I bought him his own molding clay and together we made a lion, but first my rusty crusties:

 
Shannon suggested a more palatable name - Golden Pomegranates. Hmmm, that does sound a lot better, but I still like Rusty Crusties because it's just my style. I'll have to think about it. 
 
And now for the most important creation... Liam's lion
 
 
It actually had a body and a tail at one point but this is all that's left. Liam just saw it on the computer screen and said, "Wow, that is so cool!" He's so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment