Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!

I'm 27 years old and I still need my Mom. I think maybe I need her now even more than I did 10 years ago. My Mom is the type of person that everyone likes - kind, gentle, easy to talk to, loves kids, loves people in general, always believes the best and helps everyone. She's an amazing woman, wife, mom & grandma.

If I were to ask Liam, my 3 year old son, his favorite thing about Grandma, I know he would say, "She tells me stories!" And if Henry could tell us his favorite thing about Grandma, I'm guessing it would be how much she loves him and gets so excited every time she sees him. Now my husband, Bill, would probably mention all the wonderful food and desserts my Mom makes from scratch! You see, it's all the little things that make her so great.

I don't think I can say one thing I love most about my Mom. I love that she knows me so well she can say, "Ashleigh, snap out of it! Get out of the house. Go to Starbucks or go shopping or do something, but get with it!" Sometimes I'm home with little adult interaction and I get a little crazy. I love that my Mom knows little things are important to me and they matter. With one look at me or one word over the phone she knows how I'm feeling.

Have I mentioned that my Mom is kind? She spends her life helping other people, putting everyone else ahead of herself and sacrificing for the good of others. I could tell you countless stories of her generosity - stories you maybe would find hard to believe. The truth is it all boils down to one thing - my Mom loves God and it's so evident in her life. It's because she has found the true love of a perfect Father, Savior and Redeemer that she is able to show His love to those around her. She's a wonderful example of who a Christian woman should be. Thank you, Mom, for all that you do and for teaching so many how to be Christ-like. Happy Birthday! We love you!


And I just realized that we have hardly any pictures of my Mom because she hates getting her picture taken! I'll have to work on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment