Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Operation Christmas 2012: Leather for Soles

This Christmas I really want to give more than ever to children and families in extreme, dire poverty. Everyday thousands of children are dying due to starvation and disease. There are so many things that these children need, but I've chosen a few specific areas to help with this year. I wish I could help every child and fulfill every need, but I can't. Here's what I can do and what you can be a part of:

The first way to help is through my "Leather for Soles" program. All profit from the sale of my leather bracelets will go to buy children shoes. Shoes? Yes, shoes. Many children live in areas where raw sewage covers the streets. Children walk barefoot through this filth and are at high risk for infection that could lead to them being crippled, diseased and in severe cases can be fatal. In case I'm not doing a good enough job explaining here's a picture:

 
For some reason I think shoes are important. I know food is important too and I'll get to that in another post.
 
Leather bracelets are $18 each. They are top quality, Italian leather. Every leather bracelet purchased will buy 3 pairs of shoes for children in need. Three pairs of shoes! What better gift to give someone for Christmas than a gift that keeps on giving?
 
 Single strand bracelet

Double strand - not to be confused with a double wrap bracelet :)
 
Triple wrap bracelet
 
I also have a double strand in cranberry (not pictured). Clasps are available in brass, silver or copper. You can also get an extra long bracelet for a double ($23), triple ($28, pictured above) or quadruple wrap ($33) . You can order by emailing me seladesigns1 at gmail dot com, through my etsy shop, or message me on facebook. I accept cash, checks and paypal.
 
My goal is to raise $1,000 to buy shoes for children this Christmas! That would be about 277 pairs. It may seem like a lofty goal, but together I think we can do it. Please share this information with as many people as you can. Comment or email me if you have questions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment