Saturday, January 26, 2013

Winter weekends & more...

Winter weekends are usually full of projects - things I want to get done around the house. We've been making some serious progress! Our bedroom is completely re-done & I'm currently typing this in my new closet office. My husband, Bill, isn't a big fan of the closet office & he's pretty sure I'll hate it soon, but so far it's not too bad. I can't put my knees under the desk because there is no desk (my laptop is sitting on top of the file cabinet) so he thinks I'll be very uncomfortable if I sit here for a long period. I guess I'll just have to work as little as possible. :)

We also have the boys totally moved into their new room. It still needs some shelves put up and a little decorating, but there stuff is all there including a new (new to us anyway) set of bunk beds. Liam is 3 1/2 and absolutely thrilled that he will soon be "sleeping on the ceiling" - makes me a little nervous. We have yet to get mattresses for the bunk beds so that's next on the list.

My new jewelry workspace is far from being done. There's currently not enough space in the basement to set-up my table due to all of the other "stuff" aka junk that's down there. We need to finish sorting everything and make room so I can get back to creating in a more efficient manner. I don't plan to work on jewelry nearly as much as I did last year but I do want to have a place to create when I have time. I also have some custom orders to work on so I'm hoping we get it done quickly.

At this point you may be thinking, isn't this blog supposed to be about jewelry? Well, that was mostly my original intent. Sometimes life changes and we end up going in a direction we hadn't planned. I'm not saying I'm not going to be blogging about jewelry making anymore because I will be, but I'm also going to be blogging about life as mom of little children, diy projects, recipes, new things I'm trying, money saving tips and whatever else comes my way. I hope you don't mind. I'm looking forward to a new chapter and new adventures this year.

PS - I just started making some of my own skin care products. I'll let you know about them soon & whether or not they actually work! Yikes, I sure hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment